Geekseat is my new home – Home for Geeks
Geekseat is a agile soft company that locate in Bandung. My friends and mentee works there so i think why pay them a visit in their own base camp while i can. I got nothing to do besides of job hunting for jobless programmer.:)
I’m utterly shocked to the max
There are a couple unique things that you will find out in Geekseat. Its not something you can see in regular company in Indonesia.Well, I might be bias but I have a lots of friends and working on software industry for almost 8 years.
This culture still amaze me. How could they work like this? Is this even possible.
After visiting them I’m doing my research about the nature of geeks work and personality. It’s really different from other profession. I found a good book for this one. This book is really recommended for geek leaders or manager or whatever title is popular right now.
Here’s a unique culture in Geekseat.
- No dress code. You can wear anything to office.
- You can work anywhere remotely.
- The office is cleared at 4 pm.
- Family culture is really the key.
- No manager. Only a leader.
- No gap between junior and senior
- Agile is in its blood. Well it’s agile soft development in his name. What do you expect.
- Say no to overtime. Agile is all about sustainable pace.
- Interview process. Everyone is a family right from the beginning. Geekseat treat the candidate as customer. We never judge people. We educate right from beginning.
- Training process. We never leave the junior or newcomer going point blank without any direction. We provide training from the basic algorithm to advanced enterprise integration pattern.
- One person only focus on one project. We never overload the family member
I also read a book by Paul Sloane Leader’s guide to lateral thinking. The book mention that kind of organization called spaghetti. This model of organization produce a lot of productivity and creativity. Because geeks don’t respect the hierarchy structure. Power can’t control geeks !
Geeks can only be effective if leading by geeks. Because they respect technical knowledge. Behavior is irrelevant with productivity.
So previously I have been crafted this manifesto called Geeks Manifesto. Drum roll….
GEEKS HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE
GEEKS IS NOT OPPORTUNIST
GEEKS IS KIDDO THAT HACK THINGS
GEEKS LIKE TO SEE RESULT, FAST FEEDBACK AND COLLABORATION.
GEEKS IS ALL ABOUT SHOW ME THE CODE
IT’S ALL ABOUT REMOVING THE FRICTION.
So if you think you are geeks and doesn’t feel happy. You should asked yourself. Are you on the right home?
So I’m proudly announce that starting today I’m joining Geekseat as Technical Expert.
The only thing i need to prepare is short pants. So i’m not looking like an alien when using my usual office dress code.
Rock on !